March 15, 2020
The safety of our students and staff is a top priority. Out of an abundance of caution, Sugarloaf Performing Arts will be closed Monday, March 16th through Saturday, March 21st. On Thursday, March 19th, we will announce our plans for the week of March 23rd-27th, following a thorough review of the COVID-19 situation at that time. We continue to follow the multiple guidelines set forth by the CDC and other health organizations on a daily basis. In addition, we have already completed a deep clean of our facilities and plan to do another thorough deep clean while our facilities are closed.
What We are Doing:
• We are following directions from Gwinnett County Public Health, which is closely following guidance from the Centers for Disease Control.
• Per recommendations, we are following standard cleaning and disinfecting procedures. Common contact surfaces, sinks, kitchens, restrooms and windows are cleaned regularly.
• Students and staff are being reminded to wash hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, or to use hand sanitizer with 60% alcohol if handwashing isn’t possible.
• We will continue to take precautions, monitor schools, follow the recommendations of the local and state departments of health and make adjustments as needed.
What You Can Do:
• Make sure that you have provided up-to-date contact information and notify the studio if a student becomes sick.
• Keep sick children at home as appropriate, especially if they have had a fever in the last 24 hours.
• Encourage your children to practice good hand-washing.